more recycled art




I have always admired the works of Andy Goldsworthy, & have often said “If only I could see as he does”!
With my growing interest in trash, I am beginning to see in my OWN way - jandals are fish, in tin cans I see arms/legs/bodies of robots, or parts for trucks. Other broken, worn pieces of metal & plastic are ideally suited for inclusion in assemblage works concerning the environment.
Recently I returned from beachcombing with a bag of pieces of plastic. I emptied the bag out onto the floor, & immediately “saw” a spontaneously-produced composition. I took a photo, them threw the pieces again..& again. The results are here.
Andy G. performs “throws” with dust & sticks - which don’t particularly appeal to me, but I can see that the approach has a lot of potential....these are my first efforts along these lines- it’s great fun!

See more of my  recycled, upcycled and environmental works at
www.martinadlington.webs.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bird from a car tyre

car tyre swans

No Bull