SMOKED FISH

The other day in the city I bought some salmon bellies [$4.00 a kilo!], & someone generously gave me a fresh schnapper on Friday [thanks Kerry!].
I scaled & filleted the schnapper & marinated some of it with the salmon overnight in a mixture of 1 teaspoon each of salt & raw sugar, with the juice of a lemon, & some dill.
On Saturday afternoon I set the smoker up in the back garden, with 3 handfulls of manuka sawdust inside. I laid the fish along with some fresh asparagus stalks onto tinfoil, put this on the grill inside the smoker, poured half a cup of meths into the burner - lit the meths, & placed the burner under the smoker.
The meths took about 10 minutes to burn out, I then turned the fish, added more sawdust, refilled the burner & let it burn out then sit for a while. The result was delicious! - eaten with refried beans & watercress salad.
The meths is a bit messy, so I have bought a small LPG cannister for my camping stove to use next time.

For more on food see
www.pavlovasdog.webs.com
For my cooking videos see
www.youtube.com/martinadlington





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bird from a car tyre

car tyre swans

No Bull